Pier

2 comments
Pier the best seafood restaurant by 'Sydney Morning Herald' Good Food Guide 2010. When I saw this restaurant in the book, I though 'How good can it be? It's only a seafood'. But, last week when I went there and tried the food. I was wrong, it's really that good and I will come back again in the future to try other dishes.

 For the entree we ordered 'Gazpacho' and 'Seared scallop with white and black truffle'. The Cone of Kingfish Tartare was served as a complementary by the chef.

We get a white wine to go with the seafood dishes, it's Albert Mann - Riesling Grand Cru Schlossber 2007 (which I can't found it in Dan Murphy's)

I do recommend you to get my main course of Steamed Sea bass - 'textures of seasonal mushrooms' ($48.00, top left). The textures mushrooms consist of puree, jelly, foam, crumble and mushroom. The other 2 are Beef - soubise - caramelised veal sweetbreads($56.00, top right, order by FW) and Slow Roasted Lobster - white asparagus - pancake - kale - jus($95.00, bottom, order by EL).

Pre-desert, Kiwifruit sorbet with custard and petals. I'm not sure what the white powder is, maybe I should ask next time.


As I have challenge myself in the main course by ordering steamed sea bass, I though I should give it a go on the Lemon and Olive Oil Ice Cream - fig - custard and I was delighted. It was fresh and summery.

EL ordered Souffle - cream - peach syrup. It's the first time I tried souffle and now I understand what the means that souffle should be light.

We do end up spending around $160 for each person, but it's a money well spend as you can't get the experience else where (at least for now).
Pier on Urbanspoon
Pier
594 New South Head Road, Rose Bay

If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

2 Response to Pier

December 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM

souffleeeeeee!!! yummmm~

Anonymous
December 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM

I enjoyed your review, and want to try this place now!!!

Post a Comment