Pony Lounge & Dining

2 comments

Welcome to appetitesydney first post.

I remembered that my best friends (AS and NH, I missed you guys) recommend this restaurant for it's reasonable price and great food. And I decided to give a go on my birthday dinner. It's a quite interesting restaurant because you can see the kitchen from where you're sitting(open kitchen style). By seeing the menu, I can tell that they change the menu based on the season since I can't found the recommended Crispy Skin Duck Pressed that was recommended by AS wasn't there and it was confirmed by the waitress that they just changed the menu to summer menu.

I decided to order 'Eye Fillet, heirloom tomato, baby radish and chilli, aged balsamic' (AUD $42.00). Though I have my doubt about balsamic vinegar as the sauce, but I was pleasantly surprise on how good the taste go with the meat. As for the meat it was cooked perfectly, I could not asked for a better medium rare, it was grilled to crisp on the outside and pink in  the inside and you could taste the smokiness from the wood fire grill.

These are what we order for the night:

Left - Crisp Kurabuta Port Shoulder, Sichuan Carrots, Choy Sum, Chilli Caramel (AUD $32.00)
Right - Tasmanian Salmon, Salad of Pickled Beetroot, Orange, Mint and Fetta (AUD $29.50)
Pony Lounge & Dining on Urbanspoon
Pony Lounge & Dining
Shops 14-15 The Rocks Centre,
Cnr Kendall Lane & Argyle Streets, The Rocks
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

2 Response to Pony Lounge & Dining

December 26, 2009 at 5:20 PM

oh nooo... u din get to try the duck?? u definitely should go back and FIND it dit!!! hahaha!

January 13, 2011 at 4:29 PM

The Salmon is amazing here as well. Great just for drinks or a meal.

Post a Comment